Submitted - Ben
Ingredients* 100g dripping or butter
* 900g stewing lamb , cut into large chunks
* 3 lamb kidneys, sliced, fat removed
* 2 medium onions , chopped
* 4 carrots , peeled and sliced
* 25g plain flour
* 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
* 500ml lamb or chicken stock
* 2 bay leaves
* 900g potatoes , peeled and sliced
Method1. Heat oven to 160C/fan 140C/gas 3. Heat some dripping or butter in a large shallow casserole dish, brown the lamb in batches, lift to a plate, then repeat with the kidneys.
2. Fry the onions and carrots in the pan with a little more dripping until golden. Sprinkle over the flour, allow to cook for a couple of mins, shake over the Worcestershire sauce, pour in the stock, then bring to the boil. Stir in the meat and bay leaves, then turn off the heat. Arrange the sliced potatoes on top of the meat, then drizzle with a little more dripping. Cover, then place in the oven for about 1½ hrs until the potatoes are cooked.
3. Remove the lid, brush the potatoes with a little more dripping, then turn the oven up to brown the potatoes, or finish under the grill for 5-8 mins until brown.
CommentsPrep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 40 mins
Nutrition Per Serving
993 kcalories, protein 70g, carbohydrate 56g, fat 56 g, saturated fat 26g, fibre 7g, sugar 12g, salt 1.43 g