Submitted - Ben
Ingredients500g Carnoli/Arborio rice
Half head of celery
1.5 litres veg stock
Dried porcini mushrooms
Fresh mushrooms (Shitake, oyster, cep....)
Good quality dry white wine
Method1. Soak dried mushrooms in boiling water and leave for 15 mins then drain well.
2. Meanhwhile get stock simmering.
3. Chop shallots and garlic and saute in butter and oil for a while.
4. Add the chopped celery.
5. Saute a little longer.
6. Add the rice, coat in the butter, turn up the heat then add some wine, stirring regularly.
7. Wait until the wine is absorbed then add ladel of stock, reduce temperature.
8. Wait until absorbed then add another ladel, add soaked mushrooms, continue....
10. When rice is almost ready add butter to frying pan and saute mushrooms.
11. Add a little wine to the frying pan.
12. When rice is ready add some butter, parmesan, parsley.
13. Plate up with sauted mushrooms on top.
14. Drizzle with quality olive oil.
15. Serve with nice bread.