Oven Baked Thai Style Whole Bream
Submitted - Ben
Ingredients1 x 600gm Whole Bream
1 Piece root Ginger (25grams Approx)
2 Whole Bullet Chillies
5 Kafir Lime leaves
2 Small Limes
50ml White wine (I used a Dry white)
50ml Light Soy sauce
Baby Spinach and broccolini
Silicone paper (Glad Bake)
Method1.Scale and gut the Bream removing gills and cut through buoyancy sack to remove blood around backbone if any.
2. Cut three to four marks through the flesh along the fish to help the flavour penetrate and to speed up the cooking process.
3. Wash and Slice kafir lime leaves, de-seed chillies and slice into small dice, then slice lemongrass into small rounds.
4. Slice ginger into matchstick style pieces and mix all together with Lemongrass, kafir lime leaves and chilli.
5. Use half of the mix to stuff the bream and slice some
wedges of the lime to fill the cavity. Season with a little sea salt.
6. Place a sheet of foil on the bench then place a piece of silicone paper on top of the foil.(Glad Bake) Top the fish with the rest of the mix.
7. Top with half moon slices of lime and layer them over the top of the fish. Zest the other lime and sprinkle on top of the fish and add some sea salt.
8. Wrap the fish and leave one end open to add the white wine then pace in a baking dish.
9. Pre heat an oven to 220°C. Place baking dish with fish in oven for 25- 30 minutes. Open one end being careful about the steam. Check the fish and if cooked place it on a plate.
10. Drizzle the light soy sauce over the fish and garnish as required.
Got a favourite Bream Recipe? We'd love to hear about it.