Roasted red pepper and orange soup
Submitted - Ben
Ingredients2 chopped onions.
2 tbsps olive oil.
1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes.
6 Red peppers.
300ml (1/2 pint) vegetable stock.
A handful of torn fresh basil leaves.
Half bunch celery, chopped
200ml Fresh Orange Juice.
Method1. Into an oven proof dish place the red peppers, halved, and drizzle with half the olive oil. Roast in a hot oven and, when cool, remove skin and chop.
2. Fry chopped onion and celery in the rest of the olive oil.
3. Add tin of chopped tomatoes, the prepared roasted peppers and vegetable stock.
4. Season well and cook for 20 minutes then liquidize.
5. Add orange juice and basil leaves, then heat gently and serve.
6. For a richer flavour add cream prior to serving.