Star anise spiced sea bream (Marc Fosh)
Submitted - Ben
Ingredients• 6 fillets of sea bream, 150g skin on
• 4 star anise, lightly toasted and ground
• ½ tsp salt
• 2 tbsp oil
Ingredients for chermoula
• 2 garlic cloves
• Half a bunch of fresh coriander
• 4 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tsp ground cumin seeds
• ½ tsp cayenne pepper
• 2 tsp paprika
Ingredients for moroccan carrot salad
• 4 large carrots, peeled
• 2 tbsp chopped coriander
• Juice of ½ orange
• Juice of 1 lemon
• 1tsp sesame oil
• ½ tsp ground cumin
• Salt and pepper to season
Method1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C. For the chermoula, place all the ingredients in the Braun Multiquick 5’s chopper accessory and pulse to a fine purée. Preserve in the fridge until ready to serve.
2. For the moroccan carrot salad, use the Braun Multiquick 5’s hand blender compact kitchen machine with its fine shredding blades to shred the carrots.
3. Put the carrots in a bowl. Whisk together the orange and lemon juice, sesame oil and cumin. Season with salt and pepper, then pour over the carrot salad and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
4. Make small incisions in the skin of the sea bream and sprinkle with ground star anise and salt. Pan-fry the sea bream fillets, skin down, in oil on a medium heat until golden brown and crisp. Turn once and cook for a further 2 minutes. Place the fish, skin up, in an ovenproof dish in the pre-heated oven to finish cooking for 1-2 minutes. Top the cooked fish with a spoonful of chermoula. Stir the coriander into the salad and serve immediately.
CommentsMarc Fosh's tip
You can easily add more salad vegetables such as lettuce, tomato and cucumber to the Moroccan carrot salad.
This recipe was prepared using the Braun Multiquick 5’s hand blender chopper accessory and compact kitchen machine with its fine shredding blades.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins